Adult Acne is more common than one can imagine and it can hit all genders. The stress in adulthood, poor lifestyle, food, hormonal changes and last but not the least the bad skincare habits and products all add up to Adult Acne.
SOME TIPS AND SKINCARE PRODUCTS THAT HELP ME OUT WITH MY ADULT ACNE:
- First would be proper cleansing of skin at night, double cleansing has been a game changer for me. I used to get lot of whiteheads around my nose and chin but now I don’t get that much of whiteheads, all thanks to double cleansing. My favourite duos from years are “Banila Co Clean It Zero” and “Cosrx Low ph Good Morning Gel Cleanser”. The Banila Co Balm Cleanser is super gentle for acne prone skin, it will not clog your pores and in fact it deep cleanses your skin and removes every trace of makeup, sunscreen, sweat and sebum within the pores, therefore reducing and preventing pimples. Once you emulsify and rinse off the balm cleanser, follow up with the Cosrx Gel Cleanser, the BHA in it help in reducing the breakouts.
- Second is very common habit, is to pick on your pimple, this not only leads to damage and darkening of skin at that spot but also spreads the infection to rest part of your face. Instead put on a pimple patch. I love the “Some By Mi Clear Spot Patch”. These work really well on acne that has puss surfaced up. The pimple patches work by sucking up the gunk from acne, reduce the swelling around acne and next morning I wake up to much flatter acne.
- I also have another amazing spot treatment for deep seated acne that never show up to the surface but are extremely painful. For such stubborn acne, my go to spot cream is the ”Jumiso AC Cure Spot Cream”. Just dab on a small quantity only on acne and massage for a min. It will sting a little but that’s normal with this spot cream and do wash your hands afterwards.
- The fourth and very important tip is to chemically exfoliate once-twice a week at night. This makes sure that your pores are not clogged and thereby help in reducing the frequency of adult acne. I love the Cosrx AHA Whitehead Power Liquid for weekly exfoliation.
- Use skin soothing products like “Purito Centella Unscented Toner” and the “Purito Centella Unscented Cream”. These are rich in “Centella Asiatica” and this ingredient helps in calming and healing the skin.
- Additionally, whenever I have breakouts, I reach out for serums that contain ingredients like salicylic acid, niacinamide, tea tree, zinc, sulphur, etc. I love the “Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Serum”. I always have it in my vanity for acne days. It’s a very calming and nourishing serum. Since it’s a bi-phased serum, shake well before using.
- Always wear sunscreen during the day time. Too much of exposure to UV rays can worsen the acne problem.
- Control or better stop eating sugar in your diet. Sugar in general is bad for overall health of your skin, but is very bad for adult acne. I have a sweet tooth, but I try to stay away from chocolates, cakes, cookies, etc.
- Next, some foods like dairy, mango pickles, nuts, etc are very commonly know to trigger adult acne, so try to avoid them or at least reduce the intake.
- Lastly, do change your pillow covers two to three times in a week. Keep your face towel separate from hair and body towel and again do clean your face towel every other day.
Finally, try not to stress out, I know it’s easy said than done, but trust me once you are able to manage your stress or anxiety, along with right skincare products and diet, adult acne will start going away.
What’s your way of dealing with adult acne? Any tip or favourite acne skincare product you would like to share with us? Do comment below.