Seeing acne at the same spot again and again is extremely frustrating because the skin at that spot never gets a chance to heal and often develops a prominent deep stubborn pigmentation.
We Repeatedly Get Acne At Same Spot Due To Following Reasons:
- Either that spot is continuously getting exposed to dirty surface like unwashed pillow cover, mobile screen, resting chin on your palm, endlessly touching particular part of face and finally the face mask that we are wearing.
- Second reason is the blocked puss and bacteria from former acne, which mainly happens due to pimple picking habit. You are not alone; I am guilty of doing it too.
- It could be the old cystic acne that couldn’t come up fully last time and is making glorious comebacks in instalments.
- Many times, we get them at same spot due to periods.
How To Prevent And Fix It?
- Firstly, stop picking on your pimple and put on a pimple patch. Instead of you squeezing out the gunk, let the pimple patch do this work by gently sucking up the gunk and at the same time heal the acne. I recommend checking out the “Some By Mi Clear Spot Pimple Patch”.
- Stop resting your face on your palm and make a habit of cleaning your pillow cover 2-3 times in a week.
- Use AHA in your skincare- Make weekly exfoliation a part of your skincare routine. When we exfoliate, we not only get rid of dead skin cells but also improve the skin turn over cycle. When our skin turnover cycle is good, the trapped acne between layers of skin automatically surfaces up like a tiny whitehead and withers away on its own without even getting noticed. Try out “Cosrx AHA Whitehead Power Liquid” or if you are beginner, try the “Isntree Clear Skin 8% AHA Essence”. Whatever you prefer to use, do not use AHA daily and do not use it with other AHA, BHA, pure vitamin c and retinol product. Just use it 1-2 times per week at night.
- Use a salicylic acid cleanser- Try “Cosrx Low ph Good Morning Gel Cleanser”, suitable for all skin types, but if you have very oily skin then try the “Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA Miracle Acne Clear Foam”. Using salicylic acid cleanser keeps your pores clean and allows the much needed natural oil from the pores to spread out on skin surface.
- Try Retinol – Just like AHAs, Retinol also helps in improving skin turn over cycle and therefore helps in reducing the frequent breakout at same spot. Whenever you use the retinol, start with maybe 1-2 times in a week then gradually increase the frequency of usage. Also, avoid using Retinol in day time. In case you are a beginner or have very sensitive skin, use retinol 1-2 times in a week by mixing it in a moisturiser. Again do not use it with AHA, BHA, pure Vitamin C serum, etc.
- Use right moisturiser – In summer, thick moisturisers often attract the dust and bacteria, so try a right moisturiser for your skin that’s non-sticky.For oily and combination skin- Some good options are Cosrx Oil Free Ultra Moisturising Lotion, Some By Mi Snail Truecica Miracle Repair Cream or By Wishtrend Vitamin 75 Maximising Cream.For dry and normal skin – Check out the Cosrx Advanced Snail 92 All in One Cream, I’m From Mugwort Cream or Purito Centella Unscented Recovery Cream.
Don’t get annoyed or completely give up if you suffer from recurring acne, it’s quite common when you have acne concerns. Just follow the simple tips shared here and I am sure the comebacks will halt for good.
Have you experienced recurring acne at the same spot? What products or tips do you use? Do comment below.